Thursday, March 8, 2012

Bow Ties for My Dad

I know it's way early for Father's Day, but am LOVING the Memory Box dies...and found this bow tie(comes with both the standard AND bow ties) and immediately thought of my dad...he used to wear the long ones, but has become a bow tie fanatic!!  I am going to enter this into the Less is More challenge 57 this week which is a color challenge and that being NEUTRALS.
I used Stampin Up design paper that has all the neutrals and picked 6 colors and made ties out of each.  I scored each of the ties with my Martha Stewart scoreboard (there is an embossed score IN the die, but doesn't show unless the paper is SUPER thick, like chipboard) and layered on chipboard.  I used the Papertrey Ink Linen/Canvas texture plate and a Papertrey sentiment from Men of Life.
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

14 comments:

  1. Terrific crd Lisa, sure your Dad will be thrilled to bits
    Oh Papertrey again, so wish they had a base in the UK

    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love those bow ties Lisa, spotty ones are ace!
    It's another fabulous card.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully simple card! I need to get me that die :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this, Lisa. Those bow ties are wonderful! Neutrals are so great for masculine cards. Wonderful design. Ann Y.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous design, very contemporary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog and I'm a big fan of your cards! They are beautiful! I will be visiting this blog more by now on ;)

    Sofie

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun is this! Great card :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute, cute masculine card, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa, you ALWAYS have the BEST cards! LOVE this...so simple...but just PERFECT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your cards. You inspire me every day. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just look at those bow ties.... So cute in the patterned paper!
    That's another die I just need now ;0)
    Brilliant card Lisa :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  12. found you via pinterest and had to repin! very cute!


    Mandy
    Small Fine Print

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa