Sunday, March 18, 2012

Die Cut Flowered Hello

I love Memory Box dies!  I got one out after church, this morning, and decided to experiment with a thought I had last night ...funny how thoughts change as you create:)...
I used this die from Memory Box:
  I die cut the flower in black a total of 12 times(layered 4 on each flower for depth...mine was cheap paper, if you use good cardstock, you could probably get away with 2 or 3 layers) and cut one more flower in each of the colors from Papertrey Ink polka dotted paper(the middles are all you use from the colored flowers).  What's cool is that with the pink and the the whole petals on the other 2 flowers, they just kind of "snap" into place between the layers of black.  The only adhesive needed for the petals was just for the cut petals, and I used rolled up sticky dots for those.  Yes, it was a lot of gluing...I used a glue stick to paste all the black flowers together...but I like it!  The brads are Chunky brads from Doodlebug, the sentiment from Papertrey Ink Fillable Frames #1.  I originally thought I would do yellow daisies with the black, but saw this paper, and thought the colors looked like so much more fun!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

13 comments:

  1. Love the bright fun colours you used!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great flower! You are twisting my arm badly!!! Love the polkadots and well done on the depth you added by multiple layers, the border really shows up nicely. Great card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa. I can't find an email contact on your site and I'd like to confirm with you that you haven't received a Liebster Award. I've searched your site for that as well, and don't see that you have received one (which is shocking), and if you haven't, I'd like to nominate you. I'd like to make sure before I post my blog, so please email me at darnell.knauss@gmail.com to let me know. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dotty daisies are fab Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card, off to check out the dies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa this is Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what striking flowers, fabulous card.
    luv
    Debb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors! Love the shape of the flowers! The black really makes these stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. um ...this is just stunning Lisa!
    The black outline just makes those bright colours pop not to even mention the brilliant composition and perfect choice of font for the sentiment...love it :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, Lisa, that practically popped off the screen. How bright and beautiful is tht! Your time spent gluing was clearing worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lisa! I just posted my blog honoring you with a Liebster Award! I don't know how to link in a comment box, but will paste the url below. It's today's post if the link doesn't work.

    http://www.djkardkreations.com/2012/03/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can you tell me where to purchase the Memory box dies?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can you tell me where to purchase the Memory box die. Tilth Floral? Your picture there is two flowers but everywhere on line I only see one flower?

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa