Monday, March 19, 2012

Less is More 59...masking

The challenge this week at Less is More is to make a card using the masking technique.  I don't do much masking...in fact almost none, so I went with something super simple:
I used three different sets from Papertrey Ink...the frame is from Framed, the branch/leaves/flowers from Out On a Limb and the sentiment from Daily Designs Sentiments.  I stamped the frame and masked part of the bottom opening to make it larger for the sentiment.  After stamping the frame, I put post it notes on the left side of the frame and stamped the branch twice with different lengths and the flowers.  I then stamped the leaves, and then the sentiment and embossed that.  The frame, branch and sentiment were stamped in Early Espresso , the flowers in Pretty in Pink and the leaves in Certanly Celery.  I dotted the flowers with pink Perfect Pearls.  Loving these challenges...always keeping me on my toes and making me think:)!!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

21 comments:

  1. This card is so pretty. I love blossom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO pretty Lisa, maybe Spring really is on the way!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reminder to pull out this set. Just love it when the cherry trees blossom in our area and this set a fabulous rendition of that. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card lisa, the pink flowers are so pretty, hugs x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty love the blossom. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your gorgeous card Lisa.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snap Lisa!
    Beautiful card, as always
    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beauttiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice LIM card Lisa!
    Keep up the good work!
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fresh spring card, just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful and elegant card, very delicate colors, well done Lisa.
    A hug from Palma

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such an elegant card! I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Lisa, this branch is beautiful as well as the frame!

    ReplyDelete
  14. absolutely gorgeous Lisa, such a feel of spring in your blossom branch and the frame works so well too :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card! I love the branches...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Lisa, well done :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a beautiful painting! Love that you used textured paper:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa