Friday, May 3, 2013

Less is More 117...Sketch...Shaker

I made a card for Less is More's challenge 117...this week, a sketch.  Here's the sketch and my card...
I had never made a shaker card before, but thought this sketch looked perfect for this "love" die cut sentiment and then thought (why, I don't know) of a shaker card(I know...my blog should be renamed "Love and Rainbows...I just keep being drawn to both...never get tired of love !!)...
I used a tutorial from Beates John on Splitcoaststampers, found HERE   I used red and pink glitter paper from Michael's for my die cut hearts and wanting to keep my space white, but still have some added dimension/interest,  used some heart dies to "deboss" the card panel.  Here's a closeup of the hearts "shaken"...
Edited:  SO thrilled and honored that my card was Showcased this week at Less is More...thank you so much, Chrissie and Jen:)!!  You made my week:)!!!

Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

11 comments:

  1. Stunning card, the debossing card stock is perfect and the shaker card is such a great idea for this sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply stunning Lisa!
    A winner, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fantastic card Lisa, your ideas and use of dies is just astounding!! Love the sketch as a shaker card :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect combination, our sketch and your fab idea of making a shaker card.
    It looks amazing Lisa.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet card. Love the shaker full of hearts. The subtle embossing on the card base is the perfect compliment too. Great card. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another jaw-dropping, awesome card! I particularly love the heart background you created. Why do I not think to do that?!You continually churn out the most inspiring cards, and I look forward to your posts everyday.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THIS is fantastic. Yippie for you at LIM.

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous card! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There was no question that this sensational card was going to be a winner, Lisa! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa