Wednesday, July 23, 2014

A Card from Reused Container

I was a design team member with Splitcoaststamper's Dirty Dozen from Jan-June.  I made 6 cards a month for the team, and had lots of fun with the monthly themes!  After 6 months from first being shown on the SCS site, I am allowed to show them on my blog.  I will show you my favorite(or two) from each month.  This card is from January, the theme was dirty deeds done dirt cheap!  My family was sick, so we ordered Panera's Chicken Noodle Soup in LARGE quantities!!  I make my own chicken noodle soup, but the soup from Panera Bread is yummy...and seems to really make you feel better!...and I was sick, too, so...it's nice having someone else make it for you!  I used the carrying case the soup came in and made this card...The carrier was red on the outside, cardboard colored on the inside with print on the sides(which I used for the middles of the flowers)...



I used my favorite flower dies from MFT for the flowers, the leaves and the flower's  centers were made with dies from another MFT set.  I cut the stems with my cutting board.  I tried to cut the centers with words of "sweet" things in them, to go with the Hero Arts sentiment from the FRIENDS set(the link is to ebay...I think this set is retired, but there are a bunch available on ebay if you are interested:)!!)...
So fun using things you have on hand to make cards...great for your pocket book, for getting your creative juices going and great for the environment:)!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

7 comments:

  1. Cute and clever project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Panera's soups, salads and bagels yum. That box made gorgeous flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ABC/Absolutely Brilliant and Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The box made gorgeous flowers! Such a sweet card, and I can't wait to see more of your SCS cards. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just went back to Christmas 2013 looking at all of your beautiful creations. I just couldn't stop. Loved everything! It all started when I saw Cutting Edge Challenge #3.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever idea!!! Lovely card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great container to use! Perfect colors. I wish my up-cycled projects looked this good. :)

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa