Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Cards for Some Hunters

My husband requested a few thank you cards for some amazing friends of his who have been so kind to him...they're hunters!  I have made cards for them in the past...but having done deer, wanted something different...staying simple.  I used some of the very cool Simon Says Stamp woodgrain paper.  It's very thick and very white with an incredible embossed woodgrain pattern (much better than any embossed paper I have ever made!).  I used my Jumbled Thanks by Poppy Stamps along with some snippers to cut the die apart, so I could die cut the words side-by-side, and some distress ink to sponge/color the white paper, and made a few of these...
I chose the wood colored and a green card for a woodsy/hunting feel, the green paper is textured for some added interest.   YOU could use the wood with other colors for a cool "guy" card!   What I loved is how much like REAL wood this looked like when it was done.
Here's a close up...looks so cool IRL...
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

3 comments:

  1. My brother is a hunter and I made him a deer birthday card last year and was wondering what I might do this year, and now I have good option. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree... this look just like real wood. Awesome guy card !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! You did a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa