Wednesday, July 22, 2015

CAS(E) this Sketch 132...Hello

I thought this week's sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch was so cool!  I DID turn my card sideways and made it with a slightly different interpretation when my half cut flower just didn't look right to me.  I made it with the WHOLE flower coming off the panel instead.  Here's my card and the sketch...

I die cut the Memory Box/Poppy Tilth flower and layered. The sentiment is from Reverse Confetti, a set of sentiment dies, Fancy Words Confetti Cuts(LOVE these dies...their size and font fit so many cards!!).   I cut some burlap and not only used it for the flower's panel, but embossed it on the card for some subtle texture.  Here's a close up...
 Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa
<

9 comments:

  1. first of all I love this color with the burlap and second, are you saying you used the burlap like an embossing folder to give the card base texture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep...I used a full card-sized piece of burlap, placed it over the cardstock, in between two embossing mats and ran it through my Big Shot...love doing this...can do it with all kinds of things, even with dies... great added texture, dimension and background to a simple card:)!...thanks for asking:)!

      Delete
  2. Love that flower and the colors in your card, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh this is a lovely card, love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Love the colors and that flower...omgosh, it looks like a string flower. I thought you made the flower out of twine until I read that it was a die :) It looks fab with the burlap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO pretty..... lovely color/texture! Perfect for CTS #132!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you created that flower! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa the elements and colors you chose for this card come together so beautifully !
    So glad to see your card in our gallery at CTS!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa