Friday, July 3, 2015

Mom's Musical Group 2015

My mom is the Sunshine Committee for her music group...she is in charge of sending birthday cards to the members:)!  I make musical themed cards for her each year...here are a couple of the cards I made last night....will be making them all the same design, and simply changing up the color of the flower...

 I DO struggle each year to make a card that is musical, flowery, simple and EASY...just because there are so many to make (40-50).  So... I opted for a big flower with a musical scored background. I used textured paper for the flower for added...texture:):)!   I DID use craft foam under my main panel, as mailing cards with craft foam for lift, as opposed to a bunch of pop up squares, will fare better when they get to the recipient:)!!  I chose the sentiment, "Happy Birthday to you" to mimic the song...musical...hey, I tried:)!!  Adding the die cut middles and leaves...it took a while to put each of  these cards together due to so many elements, not as simple, but an easy card to make:)!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

6 comments:

  1. Oh, MY, Lisa! These are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 50 cards are a LOT!
    These are beautiful... good luck for the bunch of cards you have to create!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how gorgeous. Love the pops of color against the neutral music paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 50 cards ........ they look great !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bright and fun cards that are sure to be loved! (Also thanks! I rescued a huge box of vintage sheet music and choir books from the basement of my MIL's home when she moved into assisted living. Most of the items are from pre-1950's. Some is as old at early 1900's. Am using the torn or damaged pieces on cards and always looking for ideas. So... thanks for another idea to add to my Pinterest board!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's quite a task! Wonderful design and the flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa