Friday, June 17, 2016

CAS(E) this Sketch...Birthday Wishes

The sketches at CAS(E) this Sketch are just so cool...I feel SO inspired by their sketches!!  This week is no different!!  I made a birthday card for the challenge this week...

I had purchased some black and gold hexagon washi tape at AC Moore(NO...I can't seem to escape hexagons these days...just love them:)!!), and thought it would look cool die cut...so I used a Papertrey Ink "birthday" sentiment. Although the hexagons didn't show, I still thought it looked cool, and I decide to coupl it with some Simon Says Stamp stamped shapes on black with gold embossing powder, then cut out.  I added some black and gold metal dots.  The stamped sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp, as well.  I layered the sentiment as well as the shapes.  Here's a close up...
OK...I can't stand how much fun I had!!!!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

5 comments:

  1. Pretty cool card. Simple and nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd use that idea for a masculine card; it's perfect. What paper did you use for the base?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mary! The paper was Bazzill Avalanche White:).

      Delete
  3. Super cool card - very trendy! I absolutely LOVE the partial hex gold embossing on the "birthday" diecut

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa