Thursday, March 8, 2018

The Other Half...

I have been spending time with my amazing family that flew into town, for the last week...I am so blessed!!  I got back into my craft room after my daughter and granddaughter flew home yesterday.  I have a card to share, though, that I had totally forgotten about,  until my daughter decided to take it home with her...
 This card is the negative space of this card...
I had made it for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge a couple weeks ago.  I simply layered some black underneath, adhered it to the same embossed background and two cards for the price of one die cut:)!  Here's a close up...
Ok...time to catch up on having fun in my haven!! Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa, these look great. Regarding the card with the black card base, I have a couple of questions about the focal point. Firstly did you stick all the coloured strips to a separate piece of cardstock first? I'm assuming you did but wondered what diecutting machine you used to be able to cut through 2 layers cleanly. Also, what adhesive would you have used to stick the coloured strips to the piece of cardstock before die cutting the word, as I'm not sure how well the machine would cut for me having to go through 2 layers of cardstock and one layer of some sort of adhesive. Thank you, Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dee! I DID adhere the strips to paper before die cutting...a very thin piece of cardstock, I have also used copying paper on occasion. You're right, the thicker the layeres the harder to get a clean cut! I have a Big Shot...the only die cutting machine I have ever used. I use a tombow runner to adhere the strips to paper. Hope this answers all your questions...hope you have a great day! Lisa

      Delete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa